The Running Doctor
Dr. Robert F. Weiss suffered as a young man from serious foot and knee problems. He has made it his life's work to use the opportunity to engage in a healthy range of activities.
He has spent over 30 years in research development and clinical testing of a patented, high-tech, biomechanical orthotic for aiding with walking, running and general foot comfort. With the help of the patented product he went on to complete 35 marathons.
His orthotic treatment is directed to correct structural deficiency and muscular imbalance. The orthotic device serves to control motion and position of the leg during locomotion.
Dr. Robert Weiss is a foot and ankle surgeon who is a graduate of the Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine, and residency trained at The James C. Giuffre Medical Center (formally St. Luke’s & Children’s medical center in Philadelphia, PA. Dr. Weiss is a known columnist and has written hundreds of articles on sports medicine related injuries, for The Hearst Publications-The Norwalk Hour, The Westport News, Fairfield Citizen, Darien News, and New Canaan news. Also the Hersam Acorn Press, and the Greenwich Sentinel He is a veteran of 35 marathons and is known to many as “The Running Doctor.” Dr. Weiss is an inventor who holds 2 U.S. patents for a foot support system /orthotics which stabilizes the foot and ankle and helps as it relates to knee, hip and lower back symptoms. He is past chief of foot and ankle surgery at the former St. Joseph’s Hospital in Stamford and and Norwalk Hospital.
- US Olympic Appointments; 1984 and 1988 Olympic Marathon Trials Medical Advisory Committe
- First recipient of the Dr. Robert Barnes [Founder of AAPSM] Distinguished service, American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine 1988
- Who’s Who in American inventors 1991
- Who’s Who in Entrepreneurs in the US 1991-1992
- Who’s Who in the East (Marquis 1993-1994)
- Men of Achievement (International Biographical Center Cambridge, England) 1993-1994
- Who’s Who in Science & Engineering (Marquis 1994-1995)
- Who’s who in Medicine and Healthcare (Marquis First Edition) 1997-1998
- CT State Police Surgeon
- International Society of Police Surgeons